forums, mailing lists and other tools

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Thu Feb 8 08:27:53 UTC 2018

# hellekin [2018-02-01 11:05 +0100]:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 07:26:42AM +0100, Florian Snow wrote:
>>
>> This may have been mentioned before, but there is a Discourse instance
>> at community.fsfe.org.
>
> Hmmm, no there is not, only a broken page. Anyway, if it existed when
> I proposed my services last year, nobody mentioned it. If it is more
> recent I find it surprising and upsetting that I have to learn it from
> the general discussion list. FSFE's community outreach has been, in my
> experience, suboptimal -- a cool-down euphemism for catastrophic.

The Discourse instance, which I think I've explained multiple times on
this list, has been set up by volunteers. It is still in a testing
status so it's rather senseless for the FSFE to promote it.

Of course you are invited to help them [^1] and help the FSFE and its
community to try new communication tools.

Best,
Max

[^1]: https://git.fsfe.org/fsfe-system-hackers/community

--
Max Mehl - Program Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and further information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl