[GA] who is a member?

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Wed Feb 7 14:14:32 UTC 2018

Am Dienstag 06 Februar 2018 23:19:38 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
> This is why it is so important for us to determine if anybody else may
> either have achieved the status of being a member by completing the
> "Join the FSFE" form

Which is quite clear form the constitution of the legal association: no one.

You have been pointed at this several times.
It does not help us, our staff or volunteers to raise that question again and
again. It keeps us away from making progress for Free Software.

> or if anybody feels that they or somebody in their
> team or local group should be accepted as a GA member

I think there is a missconception here:
The legal association as been founded to be a support pillar for the
activities of the FSFE, not for being representative of a certain group,
because it is not easy to define who this group should be. It certainly is an
honor to be in the legal association, but you are expected to do a lot of
work and for practical reasons it only makes sense to accept people that are
showing the ability, the personal integrity and willingness to do the work.

(To be extra clear: This is my personal opinion.)
Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member of the GA            blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard
Support our work for Free Software:     https://fsfe.org/support/?ber