Apply for membership and meet us at FOSDEM

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Mon Feb 5 13:09:14 UTC 2018

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Agger <agger at modspil.dk> writes:
> Of course Google could not have a voice in the GA - they're a
> proprietary software company and by definition are not committed to
> the values of free software.

To make this clear:  I am not advocating for companies getting a voice,
but what you are describing is not clear from Daniel's proposition.  If
financial contribution equals the right to vote for a representative in
the GA, then I am not sure how it would be justified to exclude some
financial contributions from that right.

> So I think the point Daniel has been raising is this: Could
> supporters/fellows, before joining, have received the erroneous
> impression that their payments constitute membership dues for
> membership in the FSFE? Or, should they constitute such membership
> dues.

Those are separate questions posed in two different threads.  In this
one, Daniel asked people to give him feedback at FOSDEM and to apply for
membership, in the other email thread, he asked the question you
described.  I think those are separate ideas.

Happy hacking!
Florian