Apply for membership and meet us at FOSDEM

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Feb 1 17:16:32 UTC 2018

On 01/02/18 17:16, Florian Snow wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>

> Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:
>> I personally see a lot of problems that employees of the FSFE are also
>> members _and_ that they make up a large part of the membership.
> Would you care to elaborate a little bit on this point?  I am curious
> about it.

It is quite simple to explain:

- the funds from fellowship/supporters pay the salaries and other major
expenses (over 50% of the budget comes from fellowship/supporter donations)

- but the fellowship/supporters only have 2 votes in the GA (and none
after the change), although some GA members are also
fellowship/supporter members too