minimizing people's views (was: Merchandise production)

Reinhard Müller reinhard at fsfe.org
Wed Aug 29 21:14:02 UTC 2018

Hi, Daniel!

Am 2018-08-29 um 22:56 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> Am 2018-08-27 um 13:19 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>>> People are asking how FSFE e.V. can raise[5] almost EUR 650,000 in one
>>> year and spend barely EUR 37,000 on producing merchandise.
>>
>> I don't understand what exactly the question is: why FSFE didn't spend
>> more on producing merchandise? Or why FSFE didn't spend less? Or what
>> kind of merchandise we spent it on?
>>
>> Could you, or the other people who are asking that, please be more
>> specific about that question?
>
> The public financial report[5] groups all expenditure into just 6
> high-level categories
>
> For an organization committed to transparency, a lot more detail could
> be provided there.

So when you wrote "People are asking how FSFE e.V. can raise almost EUR
650,000 in one year and spend barely EUR 37,000 on producing
merchandise", you wanted to express that our public finance report
should have more than 6 categories? Or did you now start a new topic and
not answer my question? Sorry, but I have a hard time following your
thoughts.

Some of the suggestions you made in your last email might be worth
considering, did you ever consider to make them towards the people
actually in charge of the financial reports?

Best,
--
Reinhard Müller * Financial Team
Free Software Foundation Europe