to git or not to git

Ion Savin comp_ at gmx.net
Wed Aug 29 18:50:42 UTC 2018

On 29/08/2018 11:23, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 29 August 2018 09:22:57 schrieb Ion Savin:
>> I don't see why UI tools wouldn't make this process as friendly as
>> GitLab/GitHub MR/PRs but I don't think they exist yet.
>
> Have you checked out what latest Versions of Allura, Phabricator and gerrit
> and do to solve this use case?

I haven't looked at any of them.

I was looking for something really specific too the email workflow. A
desktop app you can point to a mailbox and which is capable of providing
a friendly interface for reviewing the patches.

I guess most people who used GH PRs would object to this workflow:
https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

But with some supporting tools (even for triggering a build somewhere)
it might not be so bad.

Regards,
  Ion Savin