supporting our fellowship representative

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Wed Aug 29 07:24:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Dienstag 28 August 2018 17:32:20 schrieb Michael Kesper:
> Real membership was invite-only and restricted to about a dozen people.
> Nowadays everyone can apply for it.

note that Michael writes about the formal membership of the e.V. which is a
legal backbone of the FSFE (but not identical to it). It was always the case
that formally everyone could apply. And it does make sense to only admit
some, because carrying the responsibilities demands some time and dedication.
Both hasn't really changed.

Our "fellowship representative" initiative worked out in that we've got to
know a few people a lot better and they got to know the FSFE inner working
better. And we want this to happen with more people (which does not work out
with how the initiative was turning out) and people can apply for this.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute