application for FSFE e.V. membership and resignation

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Aug 28 08:01:00 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

I have been watching your rants on FSFE list and in other places for
a significant amount of time.  Like others, I do believe your intentions
are good, but your tone and behaviour is not constructive at all.
Actually, I think you're damaging/discrediting your own position by
the agressive tone.

What you are conveying with this kind of messages (to me) is that you
feel personally injured and that you'd like to get as much attention
to that.

I don't have as much insight into the activities of the FSFE e.V. or
into the fellowship to comment in extensive details on the facts.
However, I've been involved with Free Software for more than two decades
now, and consider myself as a friend and supporter of the FSFE without
ever having had any formal role or title in it, or ever being a member.

As a side note, to put things into some perspective: To me, from the
very beginning of the fellowship establishment, it was always *very*
clear that being a fellow is not equal to being a voting member of the
legal entity (e.V.).  This model is quite commonly used in German
e.V.'s, so no surprise at all.

What I am missing in your communication and related threads is the clear
evidence that a reasonable number of "fellows" are actually supporting
your position in these arguments.  Without the clear support from at
least a number of fellows, I think your argument is moot.

So to summarize:

* please change your tone to a less aggressive one

* please allow the larger audience to understand if there are really a
  [significant] number of fellows that make the complians you raise,
  or whether you are making those complaints merely based on your own
  understanding of what your role as [former] fellowship representative
  should be?

Regards,
	Harald