Mozilla: "We’re taking a break from Facebook"

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at hyperbola.info
Sun Apr 1 15:04:57 UTC 2018

> This is kind of problematic.
>
> In organization management --- not specific to "business" ---,
> particularly involving descentralized organizations with different
> managers each, this creates communication noise or action
> inconsistency. Of course each continent has its own culture, but I fail
> to see in European culture where having accounts in such centralized
> non-standardized full-of-JS-or-non-free-JS social network sites is
> considered a must.

To make my point clear: although it's not acceptable in the long-term,
I'm OK with other people ([1]) spreading the word about our actions in
Facebook, I can't speak for the FSF, but I think even the FSF sees this
as undesirable in long-term but acceptable when thinking about
short-term visibility --- to know why I came to this consideration about
FSF, open any news item in fsf.org, and click on the bold "Share on
social networks" link that is in the bottom.

[1] "Other people" in this message means: people who are not free/libre
software activists. These "other people" can also be only users of
free/libre software, but they don't have to be.