community feedback on GA meeting agenda?

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Thu Sep 28 12:22:39 UTC 2017

Hi Daniel,

In the interest of a structured debate, I'll let others chime in as well
after this, but quickly on point:

> A simple way forward, changing it to a yes/no question, may be asking
> the GA to vote on the motion "The constitution is amended to rename the
> Fellowship Representative to Community Representative"

It's not as simple as that. If we were to rename it simply, then the name
would likely need to be "Supporter Representative", as the voting body are
those we now call supporters. A "Community representative" implies something
more than that, so it would need to be coupled with an understanding of
who is a part of the community, who can vote, and so on.

--
Jonas Öberg
Executive Director

FSFE e.V. - keeping the power of technology in your hands. Your
support enables our work, please join us today http://fsfe.org/join