FSFE launches a new campaign today: Public Money? Public Code!

Henning Jacobs henning at jacobs1.de
Wed Sep 13 17:40:22 UTC 2017

Great work! I used the following brief text to share the PMPC campaign
with software developers:

Public Money, Public Code: Publicly Funded Software Has to Be Free Software
We want legislation requiring that publicly financed software developed
for the public sector be made publicly available under a Free and Open
Source Software licence. If it is public money, it should be public code
as well.

"I can't say how much I support this, it is so obviously a good idea"
-- https://twitter.com/hanno/status/907904636283224064
I have nothing to add. Sign the open letter! :-)

Many organizations (incl. WikiMedia, CCC, KDE, OSI) signed the open
letter, please sign it too:
https://publiccode.eu/openletter/

Press coverage (German):
*