Is it acceptable to use proprietary software (platforms) to promote software freedom?

Stephane Ascoet stephane.ascoet at univ-paris1.fr
Fri Sep 1 07:20:34 UTC 2017

Le 23/07/2017 à 12:02, Theo Schmidt a écrit :

> There is a fundamental difference between proprietary platforms with
> their own proprietary protocols used quasi-publicly (like Facebook) and
> proprietary platforms usable with public (FOSS) protocols, like Gmail,
> and Email or "WWW", etc. in general. As a non-Gmail-user, I can still
> read from and write to a Gmail account. As a non-Facebook-user, I can
> read some Facebook content, but not write to it. This leads to
> discrimination when quasi-public organisations use Facebook. E.g. Swiss
> television and radio (a so-called public service) no longer uses open
> email addresses or even specific web-forms

Hi, yes you're absolutely right and in france this is more and more a
problem and will continue to, especially with our new president. And I
add to this the need to have a computer-phone for more and more things
too, while public services are closing: Documentations printed on
paper(transport schedules...), phone booths, human desks in postal
service, transport services, etc.

Living in this world become more and more difficult, I don't how and how
long I will succeed in survive in it.
--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet