Free software glorifying music - libretto wanted

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Wed Oct 18 20:04:28 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 07:26:28PM +0200, Benjamin Wand wrote:
> Now I’m looking for a libretto (= song text). Since it is about believe (in a better world with free software or something like that), I’m considering it something like church music and would write accordingly solemnly. So please, if someone has a text for me, that would be great.

In 2001 there was an album recorded for the LinuxTag in Berlin. This was
before the Creative Commons license (afaik), so the organisers drafted their own
OpenMusic license, which allows resampling (in its "green" version).

The lead song by the Magic Mushrooms could make for good material. The
LinuxTag was a more commercially oriented event and they choose to adopt the
term "Open Source" at the time.

http://openmusic.linuxtag.org/

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉