Good examples where Free Software was used in development countries

Michael Kesper mkesper at schokokeks.org
Sat Oct 7 13:49:35 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Am 04.10.2017 um 23:16 schrieb Adonay Felipe Nogueira:
> I know of GNU Health being used in various places.
>
> I know some examples of Raspberry Pi, but we cannot run free/libre
> distros on it, see
> <https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers>.

That page hasn't been updated since 2015.
Meanwhile it became possible to start raspis without the binary blob:
https://github.com/christinaa/rpi-open-firmware
Raspi is huge because the community support is so big.

Suitable boards that respect freedom right from the start might emerge
from the RISC-V platform:
https://riscv.org/
https://riscv.org/2017/10/design-news-article-linux-now-first-open-source-risc-v-processor/

Best wishes