"joining" the FSFE

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Oct 2 12:18:18 UTC 2017

On 02/10/17 14:13, Cornelia.sulzbach wrote:
> This is shameful! There ist no reason to not let everyone become a
> member. I have read today. I have read a lot, and it is clear the FSF
> should be ashamed of themselves. I am glad there are people like you
> Daniel who can change this! Just read:
>
>   https://www.fsf.org/associate/
>
> It's all about giving money to the FSF. Never once are listed any
> benefits of being able to vote!

FSF and FSFE are different organizations and applying to join one
doesn't make you a member of the other.

Comparing the membership procedures of each organization and proposing
how they should evolve in the future is welcome.  If you want that to
involve the FSF members as well, or if you are an FSF member, then
please also raise this on one of the FSF mailing lists and feel free to
invite FSF people to comment here too (and vice versa)

Regards,

Daniel