"Joining" vs "becoming a supporter"

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Thu Nov 30 16:22:37 UTC 2017

Right, the point is that "Join" as they use it doesn't really map, as far as I can tell, to either of these categories. You don't become a member, you definitely aren't staff, and I think volunteers only count those volunteering, not necessarily those contributing financially. Either way, you don't get a say in the FSF board.

Perhaps unsurprisingly the FSFE is structured similarly :-) But yes, there are also proposals to change this.

Best
Jonas