CPU as a service // MINIX in Intel ME

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Wed Nov 29 17:16:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

Timothy Pearson <tpearson at raptorengineering.com> writes:
> Giving up privacy and control to waste time in front of a *game*.

I agree with you that freedom is more important than games.  But in the
long run, we need to find other solutions than telling people not to use
things.  Phones are bad because they all come with proprietary blobs, so
don't use them.  New technology:  Often bad, better wait till it's old
and better understood.  Online services that you don't host yourself: Bad,
dont' use them.  Games: Usually bad, don't use them.  I understand that
freedom is important but to most people, giving up games they really
enjoy is also giving up some of their freedom and people who use
services other people host also feel increased freedom because they can
spend their time doing something other than managing a server.  So what
I'm saying is that we need to be careful not to tell people we want them
to lead a live of deprivation.

Happy hacking!
Florian