Free software and open source philosophies differ sometimes with radically different outcomes

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Nov 21 15:05:13 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 21. November 2017 14.57.15 Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:

> * Paul Boddie [2017-11-18 14:54:52 +0100]:
> >One of those people even went on the record recently to boast that he
> >had used
> >his influence to eliminate his employer's financial support for one of the
> >few organisations who can be bothered to pursue Free Software licence
> >violations
>
> I don't know what you are talking about: please could you point me to
> the relevant news (a simple URL will do the job)

Sure:

https://lwn.net/Articles/738150/

I already blogged about the "long email conversation that happened in 2016":

https://blogs.fsfe.org/pboddie/?p=1425

In fact, that whole blog article covers the difference in "style" between
various parties when it comes to Free Software licence violations, in case my
remarks needed more context.

Paul