Introduction to software developer profession for teens

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Mon Nov 20 18:13:29 UTC 2017

Hi Vitaly,

I think this is a very good idea and I would like to thank you for this
very important work!

Vitaly Repin <vitaly_repin at fsfe.org> writes:
> I found this opportunity as a very interesting but also challenging. I
> plan to tell them also about FOSS and possibilities to study
> programming by participating in different FOSS projects.

I think this is one of the most helpful pieces of information.  If they
show some interest, perhaps you can also show them some projects that
are especially friendly to newcomers.  When I do similar events, I tell
people that they just need to learn the basics of programming and then
it helps to make small changes to a big program.  Also, their
participation will show future employers what they are able to do and
that is a nice bonus.  Some Free Software projects have local meetings
to assign simple bugs to newcomers, so if there are any in your region,
that might be a useful thing to point out.

Happy hacking!
Florian