accounting software used by FSFE and other associations

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu May 18 14:42:15 UTC 2017

On 18/05/17 16:36, Reinhard Müller wrote:
> Hi, Daniel!
>
> Am 2017-05-18 um 16:25 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> Which accounting software is currently used by FSFE?
>
> FSFE currently uses plain CSV files which are to a very large
> extent automatically filled from various sources like electronic
> bank account statements, reports from our credit card payment
> provider, and so on. All of that is very individually tailored to
> FSFE's needs.
>
> At the end of the year, our tax consultant distills the legally
> required reports from these CSV files.

Has FSFE developed any scripts that are used for:

- fetching data from public sites (like the bank)

- transforming/normalizing the data

- producing the reports (e.g. balance sheet) from time to time?

and could they be shared?

I wonder if people could use the CSV files to automatically populate
databases for the various free software solutions[1] and see them side
by side.

Are there any other free software tools used in the process, e.g. the
Firefox plugin ExportToCSV[2]?

Regards,

Daniel

1.