MirOS: "New GitHub Terms of Service /require/ removing many Open Source works from it"

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 23:20:08 UTC 2017

On 1 March 2017 at 22:21, Moritz Bartl <moritz at headstrong.de> wrote:

> Opinions? My initial gut feeling is "I don't believe this is true", but
> I haven't had the time to go through it and review properly.

I would like to hear from an actual lawyer on the subject before panicking.

(If there are substantial legal problems, I am *reasonably* confident
Github will address them rather than everyone leaving. FLOSS is their
marketing rather than their income, but they know it's the reason
everyone knows their name.)

- d.