Is it acceptable to use proprietary software (platforms) to promote software freedom?

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 23 08:19:27 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

> I'd like to see what plan is in place to collect data
>about the effort being spent and the outcomes achieved (e.g. what
>metrics will be monitored and why they are good metrics).

I agree. We have suggestions for a group of the members to look more into what metrics we use for our activities generally, to which Daniel has contributed graciously. There hasn't been anyone taking this to up to lead the effort yet, but some of the metrics have a clear impact on our operations and it's sound judgement to spend our time and effort in activities which maximise impact.

We'll be looking at this more, and I won't speculate in the outcomes but of course, if we see we get a great impact in favor of free software if using Facebook or other tools compare to other equal investments, we will engage more on Facebook.
Jonas Öberg
Free Software Foundation Europe | jonas at fsfe.org
Your support enables our work (fsfe.org/join)