Is it acceptable to use proprietary software (platforms) to promote software freedom?

Thu Jul 27 20:50:21 UTC 2017

Sorry, mail got stuck in my drafts but I think it's not send out yet

On 07/24/2017 03:12 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I often tell people that Skype is like a sausage, you wouldn't eat it if you knew what was inside.

That's a nice comparison...

Well I'm still missing an equivalent alternative with a good
compatibility between different software tools. Would like to have
something with XMPP in the background but support of voice and video is
still not working as good as commercial software... OK to be honest,
right now I don't use software for video collaboration not even Skype
but I know at least one person still booting windows to Skype because
the Linux version is to far behind the windows release version...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Thomas