negative campaigning?

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 27 04:39:15 UTC 2017

Hi J.B.,

>I have to wonder: if FSFE is seriously getting caught up in framing
>debates
>like this, is FSFE an open source advocacy group or a free software
>advocacy group?

We're neither, and both. We do prefer to speak of free software, and try to be consistent in this. We do not, however, consider there to be any difference between the two terms. The tension we see is not between free software and open source but between free and open source proponents and these who say free or open source but mean something less.

Jonas Öberg
Free Software Foundation Europe | jonas at fsfe.org
Your support enables our work (fsfe.org/join)