dual FSF and FSFE membership

Erik Grun egnun at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 24 13:05:45 UTC 2017

Hello, Fellows,

On 07/19/2017 12:34 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> (this was also queried on the FSF LibrePlanet list[1])

> 1.
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2017-07/msg00011.html

I also think that it would be nice, if the several Free Software
organisations worked stronger together on campaigns and shared
some money.

On 20/07/17 09:50, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Money wouldn't necessarily have to be passed between the two
> organizations: both organizations may simply agree to collaborate on
> campaigns or split the costs of an event that serves all members.

> From the perspective of members, it may be more tax efficient for
> people in some countries to give more money to a local organization
> and then make a token donation (e.g. $1) to join FSF.

> As long as all the money is spent in the pursuit of the same goals, I
> don't think anybody could see this as a loss to FSF.  Local groups
> would also be in a better position to decide on the appropriate
> contribution level based on local economic factors.

We could also take this idea further and incorporate a "Free Software
Organization Of The World" (or something like that), where organizations
like the FSFE, FSF, FSFLA etc. could be represented.
This would be a great opportunity not just to support each other but to
also help financially and structurally weak organizations establishing
local structures.

Live long and free software

-- Erik (egnun)
--
pub   rsa4096/C02662E2370D6F27 2016-05-27 [SCA] [verfällt: 2018-05-28]
      Schl.-Fingerabdruck = 7E0E 8A9E EAEE 075D E689  F32F C026 62E2

Sie fragen sich, was diese Signatur bedeutet?
Dann gehen Sie auf *emailselfdefense.fsf.org/de/infographic.html*
um zu erfahren wie Sie ihre E-Mails sicher verschlüsseln können.