Is it acceptable to use proprietary software (platforms) to promote software freedom?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Jul 24 12:14:22 UTC 2017

On 24/07/17 11:48, Xavi Drudis Ferran wrote:

> What I mean is maybe we _should_ debate if social media should or not
> be part of our life (or which social media or whatever). And once
> there's a position on that it'll be easier to decide whether to use it.

Why don't we go through all the messages in this thread and replace the
words "social media" with "mass surveillance"?

E.g.

"What I mean is maybe we _should_ debate if mass surveillance should or not
be part of our life (or which mass surveillance or whatever). And once
there's a position on that it'll be easier to decide whether to use it."

Do people agree that social media and mass surveillance are the same
thing currently?