Is it acceptable to use proprietary software (platforms) to promote software freedom?

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at openmailbox.org
Sun Jul 16 16:07:47 UTC 2017

I think that we must try to cross studies regarding the importance of
free/libre software to society in other areas and how the loss of the
freedoms of the functional data (software being one of those) impacts
society. However, as we alredy know, we must always make it clear the
goals of the movement, not hidding only behind arguments of security,
transparency, and so on.

In the previous months I made a talk about the the free/libre software
movement as stakeholders for organizations and it's importance to
society.

I still have the slides/presentation in .pdf and also in editable plain
text .org file (which was used in GNU Emacs, in Org mode, to make the
.pdf).

I have presented the talk in Balneário Camboriú, Santa Catarina, Brazil,
during the Festival Latino-americo de Instalação de Software Livre
(FLISoL, in English: Latin Americian Festival of Free/libre Software
Installation).

I can share the presentation in any of those two formats if you
wish. And also share it already translated to English if you like
(please say so, otherwise I'll only share the one in Brazilian
Portuguese).