Is it acceptable to use proprietary software (platforms) to promote software freedom?

White_Rabbit bruno at tracciabi.li
Thu Jul 6 18:42:42 UTC 2017

Answering the subject, no. "The medium is the message". I would find a message pushing free software/platforms not effective, hypochritical, on a nonfree platform. We must work to make free software/platforms as easy and useful as the nonfree ones. And we must stick to them: if the people have no reason against using them, we might convince the people to use them. We are not going to win the people by diluting our message and lowering our standards for what freedom means.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_medium_is_the_message