"Joining" vs "becoming a supporter"

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Fri Dec 1 12:27:23 UTC 2017

On 01/12/17 13:20, Matthias Kirschner wrote:
> * Daniel Pocock [2017-12-01 11:32 +0100]:
>> Another idea that was raised: keep the "Join" buttons and the "Join"
>> page, but make it very clear on the page what people can do, e.g. give
>> them boxes they can tick:
>>
>> [ ]   I want to become a financial supporter but not voting member
>> [ ]   I want to volunteer
>> [ ]   I want to apply for a job or internship
>> [ ]   I want to attend meetings in my town
>> [ ]   I want to become a voting member
>
> Do you mean something like https://fsfe.org/contribute/ ? (We had the
> idea in the past to also have a longer list of todo items people could
> easily help with, and had an "activity" issues tracker for some time.)

The main page of fsfe.org has "Become a supporter"

Maybe the button could say "Contribute" with a link to that page instead?

The button currently links here:

https://fsfe.org/fellowship/ams/join.php?ams=join

and that page has "join" in the URL and it doesn't provide any link to
the /contribute page

Regards,

Daniel