"Joining" vs "becoming a supporter"

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Fri Dec 1 12:26:38 UTC 2017

* Daniel Pocock [2017-11-30 16:43 +0100]:
>> I think recruiting members and encouraging people to donate is important.
>> So it worth making extra efforts to doing it right.
>>
>> What do you think?

# Donations

About donations, yes, you are right, we are behind our schedule this
year and hopefully you'll soon read more about that, because yes: we
need donations by many supporters to keep us independent and enable our
work in the next months again.

So everybody here who wants to support us financially, become a
supporter now: https://fsfe.org/join

# Membership

> A motion passed at the recent GA meeting aims to change the way people
> can become members in future:

[...]

That is just one of the motions. The other one was:

  18. Future of Fellowship seats (Council)

  The executive should prepare a constitution change to remove the
  Fellowship seats.

  Result: 20 for, 0 against, 3 abstentions

See our vice president's blog post
http://blogs.fsfe.org/repentinus/english/2017/11/06/background-for-future-changes-to-membership-in-fsfe-e-v/
for more information.

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - President - Free Software Foundation Europe
Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119 Berlin, Germany | t +49-30-27595290