Public Money - Public Code: Helping with the campaign

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at hyperbola.info
Mon Aug 28 12:21:48 UTC 2017

Do you, by chance, mean "misuse of commercial utilization", that is,
practices such as:

- Sub-licensing/re-licenisng under non-free software licenses.

- Sub-licensing/re-licenisng the same copylefted work under non-free
  software licenses, or under a non-copyleft license.

- "Extorting" the licensee, either directly (through contact), or
  indirectly (by releasing a crippleware/limited free/libre version of
  the software).

- Taking a free/libre software, making adaptations, and license this
  adaptation as non-free (or breaking the license terms somehow),
  *regardless* of being under a copyleft license. Common in mobile
  devices, and also in automobiles.

- Taking some free/libre software and making it available in a way such
  that there is a digital handcuff preventing the end-user from
  exercising the essential freedoms of the software. Common in mobile
  devices.

- Overpriced redistribution of *source files*, such that the
  end-user/licensee gives up on requestiong such source files. As far as
  I know, version 3 of the GPL is one of the few licenses that have
  terms that try to prevent this, or that have terms with which the
  licensee can resort to and demand (either normally, or through the
  judiciary).

- Not providing an offer letter/document for the complete corresponding
  source files in the cases covered by the GPL (I known these exist in
  the version 3 of the GPL).

Least but not least, I can also include:

- When the licensor, provided he *knows* the people involved,
  overlooks/ignores cases where the licensees are violating the licenses
  (either because the licensor received compensation, or simply because
  he wants "broad" adoption).

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com