Fellowship elections participation

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Thu Apr 27 05:39:18 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

> There is a distinction though: I think the previous model was about
> establishing organizations that look like FSFE.  My suggestion is that
> the member organizations would probably be existing organizations with
> their own name, identity and governance structure.  The only thing they
> would have in common with FSFE would be an adherence to the same principles.

Indeed, and the original FSFE model was even more unorthodox as it
envisioned the members being members of both the FSFE "Hub", and the
local chapters. I'm glad to have gone away from that model and I'm
vary of establishing own organisations for the FSFE again. But I
do like the idea of working with existing organisations that already
serve specific geographic areas (or topics?) -- which is somewhat what
we try to do with our associate organisation program.

--
Jonas Öberg, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation Europe | jonas at fsfe.org
Your support enables our work (fsfe.org/join)