Fellowship elections participation

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Apr 27 05:27:18 UTC 2017

On 27/04/17 06:23, Florian Snow wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>

> Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> writes:
>> Another pattern is for people to be full members of a local or national
>> association and then each of those associations sends a delegate to a
>> peak body such as FSFE.  In that case, no individual person would really
>> be a "member" of FSFE any more, the members (for legal purposes) would
>> be the national organizations and their delegates would be the only ones
>> who vote on things.
>
> If I am not mistaken, this is the model the FSFE has just moved away
> from.  There is FSFE e.V., a non-profit under German law that served as
> the head of a group of associations.  However, only one local chapter
> ever formed, also in Germany and it was liquidated about a year ago.

There is a distinction though: I think the previous model was about
establishing organizations that look like FSFE.  My suggestion is that
the member organizations would probably be existing organizations with
their own name, identity and governance structure.  The only thing they
would have in common with FSFE would be an adherence to the same principles.

Regards,

Daniel