Fellowship elections participation

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Thu Apr 27 04:23:33 UTC 2017

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> writes:
> Another pattern is for people to be full members of a local or national
> association and then each of those associations sends a delegate to a
> peak body such as FSFE.  In that case, no individual person would really
> be a "member" of FSFE any more, the members (for legal purposes) would
> be the national organizations and their delegates would be the only ones
> who vote on things.

If I am not mistaken, this is the model the FSFE has just moved away
from.  There is FSFE e.V., a non-profit under German law that served as
the head of a group of associations.  However, only one local chapter
ever formed, also in Germany and it was liquidated about a year ago.

Happy hacking!
Florian