Fellowship elections participation

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Tue Apr 25 11:00:51 UTC 2017

Hi list,

the Fellowship elections 2017 are over and the winner is Daniel Pocock.

	https://fsfe.org/news/2017/news-20170425-01

I like to thank all candidates for bringing life into this years election and
every voter for rewarding our candidates' activities by participating in the
elections.

Unfortunately, we only had a participation of around 17 % which seems to be
the lowest participation since we record participation (2014). Many of the
list subscribers here have had the possibility to vote, so I like to ask for
explanations and possibilities how we can raise participation?

The low amount of participation leaves me in particular wondering as this year
we had 7 candidates, each of them with a short representation in out wiki [1],
public hustings [2] and a reminder three days before the end of elections.

However, former elections with only one (!) candidate and without reminders
and no public hustings (2016 and 2014) have had more participation ...

Why is this? Please help us to understand what FSFE can do to make the
electiosn more appealing or raise participation?
Or help us to understand what was the reason that this year there was such a
low amount of participation?

Thank you very much,
   Erik

[1] https://wiki.fsfe.org/Activities/Election/FellowshipElection_2017
[2] https://wiki.fsfe.org/Activities/Election/FellowshipElection_2017#Hustings

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Free Software Foundation Europe