FSFE General Assembly Fellowship Representative Election

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Thu Apr 13 07:14:37 UTC 2017

Hi Daniel,

>One thing to bear in mind with my own writing is that I always set high
>standards for things.  Even if these standards are difficult to
>achieve,
>if we don't have them as objectives, it is much easier to get lost
>along
>the way.

And I do appreciate that! We do need people, and organisations, to set the highest standard for which we must strive. Not everyone will be living up to those standards, but without them we'd have nowhere to go, higher than where we now are.

An interesting question in this regard is of course where the FSFE is in this, which is related to the ongoing election. The candidates represent somewhat different thoughts on this, and whoever is elected, their opinions will be important for the organisation to develop.
--
Jonas Öberg, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation Europe