FSFE General Assembly Fellowship Representative Election

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Apr 12 16:04:30 UTC 2017

On 12/04/17 16:41, Stefan Umit Uygur wrote:

> I can be in agreement with most of your comments but strongly disagree
> with some other comments you made, comments like "Sometimes "extremism"
> is simply the right solution.".

I put the word extremism in double quotes to make it clear I wasn't
talking about "real" acts of extremism, such as building a wall between
the US and Mexico.

> I think you are confusing the common sense with extremism/radicalism, at
> least this is what I understand by reading examples given by you
> (hospital, cleaning, bank, etc...).

If somebody cleaned their home every day to the same standard as a
hospital, most people would consider it extreme.  But in the context of
the hospital it would be desirable behavior.