Gigablast OSS search engine

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Sep 16 11:26:05 UTC 2016

Op 16-09-16 om 00:26 schreef Jann Eike KRUSE:
> Same here, both Gigablast and CommonSerach are new to me, but I've heard about YaCy:
> http://yacy.net
> https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_server
>
> I like the fact that they decentralize search, and as far as I
> understand, both the crawling and the (meta)data storage + server.
> But I haven't really looked deeply into it yet.

You can try it with the links I gave, but so far I see it's not useable
as an alternative for Google or Duckduckgo.

But maybe it's useable to find content in pages you've visited before.

I think it's not possible that everybody runs it's own spider.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/