October Newsletter /Summit

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Fri Oct 7 10:49:12 UTC 2016

Hi Werner,

>I miss any mentioning of an (internal) discussion in the aftermath of a
>very questionable talk[2] advertising proprietary software.

There's much more than this missing of course. The evaluation and analysis of the summit isn't completed yet but important aspects such as this where we can adapt our practice to avoid similar situations in the future. In the mentioned talk it was not obvious from the abstract or the discussions beforehand the nature of the talk, which obviously made it more difficult to plan for.

Sincerely
Jonas

--
Jonas Öberg, Executive Director