Implementing a code of conduct?

Theo Schmidt sus2006 at bluewin.ch
Fri Nov 4 08:29:58 UTC 2016

Am 03.11.2016 um 15:19 schrieb Erik Albers:
> Dear all,
> 	Are you in favor or against having a general Code of Conduct?

A bit in favour, but not under this name and probably not as a new document.

> 	Are you in favor or against having this Code of Conduct?

Against. Should be a short section in this document contining only
really important things: https://fsfe.org/about/legal/constitution.en.html

Perhaps it would suffice to ampflify this existing sentence:

"(3) For important reasons or if the bond of trust between the members
is broken, a member can be excluded by decision of the President from
the association."

Things like "be respectful" should go into this document:
https://fsfe.org/about/principles.en.html

Things relating to Mailing-List-Netiquette should go there, e.g.: