system-hackers service agreement

Albert Dengg albert at fsfe.org
Thu May 19 13:28:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 11:33:26AM +0200, Jonas Oberg wrote:
> > - how will major upgrades (e.g. from Debian 8.0 to 9.0) be deployed?
>
> Again, this is best effort. Typically, at the moment, we do not do any
> major upgrades unless changing the service at the same time.
that is not 100% true...i have done the upgrade from debian 7 to 8 on
some of the new systems (the first ones beein built)...
for lot's of services this should be possible without a major issue if
we can prevent of having lots of custom patches etc in in.

some services are more problematic then others of course...

the more interconnectiopn there are the more problematic upgrades are of
course.

regards,
albert