How to combat modern crappy websites?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue May 3 18:55:03 UTC 2016

On Monday 25. April 2016 17.02.54 Paul Hänsch wrote:

>   - https://fsfe.org/about/fellows.en.html
>     (should display a highlighted map, apparently defunct)

[...]

> In most cases the CSS-Implementatios is *easyer* than doing the same in
> JavaScript.

The Fellowship Events on the wiki used to support CSS pop-ups on a map. You
can't see that any more because the wiki doesn't seem to use EventAggregator,
but there's a hint of it on the test instance:

http://wiki-test.fsfe.org/CategoryEvents

(Select "View as map".)

Unfortunately, I can't demonstrate it as there aren't any events on that wiki
any more and I can't add any, either.

Maybe I'd use SVG for the map if I were doing that again.

Paul

P.S. I'm not sure what you'll do for content migration when you get to the
pages on the wiki that used the ImprovedTableParser, but I recommend
installing it again if necessary.