Licence compatibility question

Roeland Douma roeland at famdouma.nl
Tue Jan 5 08:17:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a licence related questions that I hope somebody here
can awnser.

I want to use a modified version of the zsync [1] code in a different
project (the ownCloud Desktop client). Now the ownCloud
Desktop client is licenced under the GPLv2.

But the original zsync library is licenced under the:

When searching I did find several sources (including
wikipedia [2]) stating that the Artistic Licence V2 is GPL compatible.

However the beta4 differs slightly. To me it looks very similar.
But I'd like to get some opinion from people that are a bit
more into licences.

I already tried to contact the creator several times but no responses.

To make a long questions a bit shorted.
Can somebody tell me if the "The Artistic License Version 2.0beta4,
October 2000"
is GPLv2 compatible?

Thanks in advance!
--Roeland