On receiving an interview request from Uber

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 19:36:42 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Carsten Agger <agger at modspil.dk> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The questions you ask here are very basic and can be answered by yourself
> if you read the articles at
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html carefully.

Yes, thank you, I've read it several times in the past 20 years of
developing free software.  I don't believe that the apparent irony of
"freedom to license how you like" is addressed in those documents.

> E.g., nobody are "giving away their intellectual property" when releasing
> free software e.g. under the GPL.  And some of the main systems that govern
> your life actually *are* supposed to be transparent - e.g.. society, where
> you have various FOIA acts.
>
> Note also that this mailing list is not organized by the FSF but by the
> FSFE, which is a different organization, thus questions about the FSF's
> stand on different subjects can't really be answered here. But the answers
> to the more basic points are at the gny.org/philosophy link.

Thanks, I am also aware that this is FSFE.

Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-cosse> | E-Learning
<http://www.asymptopia.org>