On receiving an interview request from Uber

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Sat Dec 17 19:18:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

> I'd love to know that even elevators run free software, though.

They do, to a point. Of course it varies, but I recently spoke to
a company refurbishing old elevators. Their control software was
built on Wind River Linux. Admittedly, there's a lot still to do
until the entire stack is free software, but free software is
getting into almost any industry.

What's important now though is to not let this slow us down: there's
a lot still to do and we need to move the goalpost all the time to
challenge everyone to release more and larger parts of their stacks
as free software.

--
Jonas Öberg, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation Europe | jonas at fsfe.org
Your support enables our work (fsfe.org/join)