[summit] looking for a passionate developer for our schedule

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Aug 10 14:20:40 UTC 2016

On 10 August 2016 15:02:32 CEST, Erik Albers <eal at fsfe.org> wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>the FSFE summit is getting closer and the program gets finalized.
>However, as
>the FSFE summit is part of the bigger QtCon, we have our schedule and
>tracks
>listed in the whole QtCon environment here:
>
>	https://conf.qtcon.org/en/qtcon/public/schedule/2016-09-02
>
>I think it would be nice to have a schedule on our own that only shows
>the
>FSFE summit talks and sessions. This way, people have a better
>oversight of
>the summit.
>
>Hence, I wonder
>
>	is someone on this list who likes to realize a scalable version of
>	our FSFE summit schedule?
>
>It could be implemented as a child of our Fellowship calender, as
>definition
>list in HTML or other solutions ... Important is only, that it is
>scalable and
>easily readable on mobile phones, so people can check it during the
>summit.
>
>A special feature would be if it could be extracted and read by
>3rd-party
>applications like Giggity [1] or similar Free Software apps.

I would suggest a simple strategy for this would involve:

a) getting QtCon to expose it in iCalendar format

b) using any other tool or script to read the iCalendar data and render it as HTML to be hosted on a static web server

There are some Python scripts that can do some of that already, if one of them is sufficient then it may only be necessary to create an FSFE template for it.

I commented on similar things on the debian-project mailing list some time ago, one of our GSoC students, Harsh Daftary, has been working with iCalendar data for task lists/bugs and events.

Regards,

Daniel