Feedback for new section on Security in-a-Box specifically for GNU/Linux users

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Mon Aug 8 11:21:58 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I was contacted by tacticaltech about the new section on howtos for
security under GNU/Linux, see the message below. I already sent them
some feedback about it (Veracrypt not being Free Software, and that they
should hightlight chromium or irdium instead of Chrome and Opera as
alternatives). If you also have feedback they told me you can directly
sent it to security at ngoinabox.org (in case you want encrypt, they sent
me the attached public key for that).

All the best,
Matthias

----- Forwarded message from <***@tacticaltech.org> -----

I'm getting in touch to let you know that Tactical Tech has just released a
new section on Security in-a-Box of six digital security tool guides
specifically for Linux users: https://securityinabox.org/en/guides-linux

Security in-a-Box, a joint project of Tactical Tech and Front Line Defenders,
is the leading website for practical help and information on digital security,
published in 17 languages and reaching over 2 million people every year.

The new guides add to our existing 25 tool guides for Windows, Android and
social media, as well as 11 in-depth tactics covering all aspects of digital
security.

As the essential resource for digital security trainers, consultants as well
as anyone interested in digital security, we're delighted to release these
guides for the leading secure, open-source alternative operating system to
Windows.

The six new Linux tool guides offer in-depth step-by-step help in installing
and running six of the most essential open-source digital security tools,
including the Tor Browser, Thunderbird with Enigmail for encrypted email and
the Firefox browser with privacy Add-ons:

-  Tor Browser for online anonymity & censorship circumvention:
https://securityinabox.org/en/guide/torbrowser/linux

- Thunderbird, Enigmail and OpenPGP for secure emails:
https://securityinabox.org/en/guide/thunderbird/linux

- VeraCrypt for secure file storage:
https://securityinabox.org/en/guide/veracrypt/linux

- Jitsi and OTR for encrypted instant messaging and VoIP calls:
https://securityinabox.org/en/guide/jitsi/linux

- Firefox add-ons for secure browsing:
https://securityinabox.org/en/guide/firefox/linux

- KeePassX for secure passwords:
https://securityinabox.org/en/guide/keepassx/linux

If you could share this news on your website and with your networks, we'd be
very grateful.

We'd also be happy to answer any further questions you have or write a piece
for your website if that is of interest.

We'd also welcome any feedback on the new Linux guides or any other aspect of
Security in-a-Box.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,
***
Tactical Tech

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Matthias Kirschner - President - Free Software Foundation Europe
Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119 Berlin, Germany | t +49-30-27595290