How to combat modern crappy websites?

Theo Schmidt sus2006 at bluewin.ch
Tue Apr 26 07:35:16 UTC 2016

Thank you Paul and all others for the valuable info and insights! The
motor of the whole thing seems to be:

1) Owners have money to spend and want to do something "new". Or
people who have already done something "new", say: "Isn't ist about
time you [or we] got a new website?"

2) Owners ask several companies for quotes for a new website.

3) Web developers are so engaged in their modern hi-tech world, that
any political aspects are secondary, whereas even if the owners are
themselves political, they are so clueless about webdesign and IT in
general (except how to use their iThingy or WindowThing (or even
GoogleThingy)), that they are easy prey for the web company.

I still don't know how to break this circle. Everybody intelligent I
talk to aggrees with me in principle and then does the opposite (or
says: "I trust the experts". (Of course this applies to most things in
life. Right now my local council is bugging me by wastng my tax money
and resources by noisily rebuilding a road which was already in
perfect condition. Maybe we could expand Paul's reason to: "that
people just don't know.")

Best, Theo