How to combat modern crappy websites?

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Mon Apr 25 10:16:58 UTC 2016

I thought the whole point of having web standards was to keep things
simple, to be able to do tasks and present information / services in a
way that will just work on a range of devices / browsers and operating
systems.

It seems that in our rush to do this, and out do the competition some of
these basic ideas go out of the window,  sure you need to interact with
databases and present up to the minute news / updates BUT there has to
be ways to do this,  the W3C adapt and update HTML to reflect this.

Sometimes I think we simply over complicate issues.   Maybe the way to
counter this is to simply promote web standards, I am sure there are
lots of users out there, (with little technical knowhow) who can relate
to websites not working properly or loading in so much that it slows the
whole process to a crawl.

I like the list that highlights how things have progressed (or not
perhaps) we need to find out What users really want.

Paul