How to combat modern crappy websites? [was: Re: Uncorrectable freedom and security issues on x86 platforms]

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Mon Apr 25 06:21:45 UTC 2016

1. Web pages used to be documents.

2. Then interactive documents.

3. Now often programs that create interactive documents in the browser.

4. And sometimes just programs that fetch and display data.

5. And sometimes a program that is a sort of web browser in a web browser.

I think that 3 and beyond are only suitable for control interfaces.

My moment of realisation came 14-15 years ago working for a media company
whose href were: javascript:window.navigate("/URL/...")

Absolute idiocy!

Sam